Independent Non-executive Director, Stanwell Corporation, 12 December 2019 – Present
Chair of the Board and Independent Director of CBUS Super, January 2022 – Present
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Lilley, Queensland, 1993. Defeated at general elections 1996. Elected to the House of Representatives for Lilley, Queensland, 1998. Re-elected 2001 and 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. Retired at the expiration of term, 2019.
- Treasurer from 3.12.2007 to 27.6.2013.
- Cabinet Minister from 3.12.2007 to 27.6.2013.
- Deputy Prime Minister from 24.6.2010 to 27.6.2013.
- National President of the Australian Labor Party from 18.06.2018 to Present
Stanwell Corporation is a Queensland government-owned corporation and is the state’s largest electricity generator.
Stanwell’s mission statement reads “As a company that operates coal-fired power stations, it’s Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable, as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.”
Stanwell currently operate 12 coal or coal seam gas projects within Queensland.
Mr. Swan has also been appointed as non-executive director and chairman of mining explorer and mineral sands producer Diatreme Resources as of 2 November 2021.